r9034 MarkieB - in /branches/MarkieB/gtkmain: content/fetchcache.c desktop/save_complete.c

Bernd Roesch nospamname at gmx.de
Mon Aug 31 18:16:09 BST 2009

Hello

On 31.08.09, you wrote:

> On 13 Aug 2009, Chris Young wrote:
>
>>> For the longer term, I was looking at alternative ways to compile for
>>> Amiga I see there's Aros, is that a worthwhile environment to organise
>>> for testing NetSurf in Amiga?
>>
>> It won't work (or compile for) AROS, as that is designed to be
>> API-compatible with AmigaOS 3.1 (I think) and I use new AmigaOS
>> 4.0 calls in several places.
>>
>> If you want to modify it to work on AmigaOS 3.1 and AROS, that's a
>> completely new project :)  AmigaOS 3.9 compatibility should be
>> obtainable without too many changes, but again that's extra work (but
>> has the advantage of being able to be compiled and tested within UAE)
>
> The easiest way would be adapting my MorphOS port which uses MUI backend
> and is compatible with AmigaOS 3.0 and AROS. Only if I had more time I

Have you change your code to work with the newest netsurf changes ?

I am not sure if the changes are finished, but Artur have compile the SDL
netsurf it work stable (in 32 bit only)and little faster.

> could finish soon but there are few MUI4 features not available in OS3 or
> AROS yet.
>
> But then it would not help with the OS4 port at all.

Yes because OS4 use Reaction GUI the OS4 Port is only usable on OS4.
MUI have lots more features than Reaction and so MUI is much more popular,
but seem not furtherdevelop for OS4.

On AROS there is no reaction GUI Implementation.AOS 68k 3.9/4.0 Reaction
have no tab Gadget class.only AOS4.1 have this.

But whats AROS and AOS 68k have is the gtk+ to MUI wrapper.See also the
screenshots.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-mui/

see also the screenshots.the demos are old, but many checkin was before 3
months, so there is activity here.

maybe its worth a look and maybe usefull on riscos to wrap gtk+ to the
native Riscos GUI and so have only 1 netsurf Version that look as if this
is program with native GUI when there is less time to maintain a seperate
risc os Port

I plan to compile netsurf with that wrapper to see what and how it
work.because the sdl version very important features as scrolling and
better text box, i look in fltk code what to fix, but it seem lots work and
code add need.

>  Ilkka

Regards