GSoC 2009

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Fri Jan 30 14:07:56 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 14:06 +0000, Michael Drake wrote:
> In article
> <OUT-4982485F.MD-1.4.17.chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk>,
>    Chris Young <chris.young at unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> > My gui_window_redraw redraws the entire page, and
> > gui_window_redraw_box draws immediately rather than offloading to the
> > next refresh, which could be causing an issue.
>
> Yeah, I guess there's probably something wrong there, although I don't
> know too much about that code. Anyone else know?

Sounds like the entire page is being redrawn all the time, rather than
just the box containing the text field. I can't immediately think of a
reason why gui_window_redraw_box couldn't draw immediately.

> > I'm still not entirely convinced I'm feeding the right values into
> > content_redraw, so it may may well be a local implementation problem.

Certainly, ensuring you've got the correct clip rectangle is pretty
important from the perspective of ensuring rapid redraw.

J.