A patch for libwapcaplet

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at netsurf-browser.org
Thu Jun 18 13:46:30 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 11:34 +0800, Bo Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>    Sometimes, we need to use the lwc_string as a key of hash_table,
> and I think the best key for a lwc_string is the hash value of it. So,
> I add a new function to expose the hash value of a lwc_string, please
> review it, any comments are welcomed, thanks!

The hash value is *NOT* guaranteed unique.

The *pointer* of the lwc_string is both unique, and guaranteed to exist
only once for a given string stored in a given state, thus allowing
pointer-equality tests.

I'm strongly against exposing the internals of how libwapcaplet works in
this manner.

jmb?

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.netsurf-browser.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895