Review: Paul Blokus -- Core treeview

John-Mark Bell jmb at netsurf-browser.org
Wed Jun 24 00:44:29 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:13 +0100, Chris Young wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:14:56 +0100, John-Mark Bell wrote:
>
> > Precis:
> >
> > This is Paul Blokus' modification of the treeview code to utilise the
> > plotter interface and thus be platform agnostic.
>
> I checked out the branch, and the Amiga version will not compile,
> probably because the Amiga platform code hasn't been updated for the
> new treeviews.  I suspect this will at least also affect the RISC OS
> version.

Correct. I got as far as generating the review message but, as yet, have
not had time to review the changes.

> I've attached a small patch to get it to the linking stage and a copy
> of the linking errors.

Thanks. Paul: please consider merging this into your branch. Note that
I've not looked at it, but I'm assuming that Chris knows what he's
doing :)

>  I'd like to see some documentation on how to migrate my treeviews to
> use the new ones and how to call the new hotlist, cookie and global
> history browsers (I'm assuming all this has been moved across to the
> core?)

That's the intention, yes. I'm not sure if all of this has been done
yet. The treeview is meant to be generic (just like the textarea widget)
so these kinds of specific uses of it will require some extra code.
Whether this code needs reside in the core or whether it's the
reponsibility of the frontend code, I'm not sure yet. Perhaps Paul can
enlighten us.

J.