[Netsurf-develop] Memory leak problem

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Tue Mar 14 20:00:46 GMT 2006

In message <4e079d8683dhwild at talktalk.net>, David H Wild wrote:

> I recently discovered that I could view jpegs by dragging them to the
> Netsurf iconbar icon. This was very useful as I get regular emails with
> tram pictures attached.
>
> This morning I was looking at a batch of jpegs when I got a message
> saying that Netsurf was running out of memory; the only way that I could
> carry on was to quit Netsurf and restart. I don't think that the problem
> arises when the pictures are from the web.

I noticed this problem when looking at lots of web pages with a friend's
holiday snaps on. The task manager showed lots of instances of NetSurf in
the Dynamic areas with one significantly larger than the others. Quitting
and restarting released the memory.

> This is using the March 10th build with Select 4.37.

I don't know what build I was using, but it's RISC OS 4.39

Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/